We are looking to hire a Senior Digital Forensic Analyst. The successful candidate will undertake forensic investigations, mostly of mobile devices, though there will be opportunities to examine a wide range of devices through our private outsourcing work. We seek someone able to settle into the role quickly and to start contributing immediately. Applicants should be team players with good communication skills, great attention to detail, and clear written English.
The successful candidate will work on some extremely rewarding projects, including the development of powerful software, while working in a friendly and supportive team. The role has a strong opportunity for growth and will help shape the company’s development.
- Head Digital Analyst.
- Detego’s HQ in Horsham, West Sussex.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To conduct lab work, including data recovery and the forensic investigation of digital devices (including but not limited to mobile devices, computer devices, and peripheral digital devices such as USBs, SSDs, and HDDs).
- The repair and unrepair of digital devices.
- Experience in preparing forensic reports and statements suitable for presentation in court.
- Maintenance of standard practice documents.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 17025.
- Assisting in the implementation of ISO 17025.
- General support of the Professional Services Team.
Skills and Experience
A minimum of two years’ experience in computer and/or mobile phone repairs, diagnosis of technical issues, or technical support.
The list below is not exhaustive. Similar experience may be considered, if the candidate can display strong technical competence and knowledge of mobile phones and computers.
- Knowledge of the digital arena – mobile phones and computers, including hardware and software.
- Ability to diagnose problems with digital devices and repair as necessary; for example, screens, PCB swaps.
- Ability to work within a defined SOP or workflow system.
- Ability to make meticulous notes.
- Knowledge of digital forensics.
- Knowledge of the principles of forensic science.
- Knowledge of ISO standardised systems.
- Minimum five years’ residency in the UK.
- Must be able to obtain SC clearance within six months of the start of employment.
- Driving licence (optional).
How to apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com if you think you’re the right fit.